Tuesday 2 March 2010

Liar liar! Your bum's on fire!

Now, we have all been told during the very prime years of our lives that lying is morally wrong. You all must remember that rhyme as seen on my title. We all must have told some few fibs in our time. There are many types of lying however, the question I've always asked myself is, when is it ok to lie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Types_of_lie


However, this lecture got me thinking of my own actions whenever I get caught out, even over stupid silly things. We've all done it, it may have resulted in positive things and in some cases negative.

For me, I once told a lie during a job interview, where I was asked if I was competent with Maths and operating the tills. My CV said so otherwise that I passed Maths with a C grade at GCSE Intermediate level whereas truthfully, it was embarassingly lower than that! (My teacher was evil! Her fault!) I answered with full confidence that I gained that C grade and I have the ability to operate the till. I felt my cheeks throbbing, ten to a dozen knowing that I lied with integrity to make myself look good and have the chance to work. I got the job at the end, and in time I got better at Maths.


So, sometimes lying with integrity can be good as long as it doesn't harm or offend any other person!

No comments:

Post a Comment