Saturday 6 March 2010

Masturbation

For me, this is quite an uncomfortable topic to comment on, more so it's a little embarassing! However, I'm not going to deny that I have never tried because that would be bull. You all have done it! I don't know anyone who has ever said that they have never masturbated, if so they're lying.

Anyways, it was a fundamental rule not to discuss sex itself in my family, the reason for this is down to my upbringing from a cultural traditional background, as most asian families would consider masturbation to be very taboo. Perhaps this was due to religious beliefs with 'lust' being one of the bad vices in Sikhism. Maybe my family assumed that mentioning sex would encourage a young mind, I can't honestly tell you.

However, I learnt more about sex education at school including masturbation but also from friends and their older siblings. Personally, masturbation is considered to be a healthy sexual behaviour as it has advantages, for instance, it relieves tension, lowers blood pressure.

Furthermore, like other behaviours, when over practiced or addicted it can lead to both psychological and physiological imbalances. As shown in the provided link below:


http://www.herballove.com/library/resource/overmas/fatal.asp


This is a very useful link, as it contains a survey where it asks if you over masturbate but also has case studies on people's experiences with masturbation.

No comments:

Post a Comment